Hydrotherapy/ Aqua therapy is the use of interactive multi-sensory equipment to aid those with autism or other special needs to improve their cognitive and physical abilities.This service is available at RIAND_Bangladesh.
What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is the use of water for restoring, maintaining, and regulating health. Treatments include steam baths, saunas and hot and cold compresses, among others. Water is used both internally and externally in many different forms, such as steam, liquid or ice. Many people use hydrotherapy in many different ways, and it can be carried out both by a professional and at home.
- Patients can start rehabilitation earlier and recover faster
- Greatly reduces pain
- Decreases joint stress
- Increases strength and range of movement
- Improves balance and coordination
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Increases the patient’s feeling of achievement even in the acute stages of rehabilitation
Conditions that Benefit from Hydrotherapy
- Repetitive motion injury
- Sports Injuries/Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Back pain and shoulder pain
- Hip, knee, or ankle pain
- Brain or spinal cord injuries
- Bariatric care
- Prolonged inactivity/immobility
- Fibromyalgia and other rheumatoid conditions
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease
What to Expect with Hydrotherapy
- For your safety and comfort, sessions are conducted in a warm therapeutic pool with a temperature of 34°C.
- Direct assistance from a qualified physio during your treatment.
- Each treatment programme is individually tailored to suit your specific needs.
- Treatment is provided on a one-to-one basis for one hour.
- Hydrotherapy can be used independently or to complement traditional land-based physiotherapy.
- You may use a personal flotation device.
- You do not have to be able to swim to benefit from this hydrotherapy treatment.